- Coverage of Egypt tainted by America's narcissism
January 31, 2011 – This is sort of snarky and jumbly, and makes some good points, even if they are obscured by the tone. What I would like to see from American coverage of Egypt is some reporting on what our government is likely doing behind the scenes. Heck, I would be satisfied with some acknowledgement that public statements aimed at the American public are far less consequential than the actual work of diplomacy, military communication, and intelligence-gathering.
- Governor Rick Perry Urges Republican Voters to Abandon Public Schools
January 28, 2011 – I am speechless. There is amazing stuff all through here. But here is my very favorite part:
” Do we really need free school bus service, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Asian-Pacific Heritage Month, ESL, special needs and enrichment programs like music, art or math Olympiad? I think we should get back to the basics of the three Rs, reading writing and arithmetic”
Even if you aren’t a fan of the out-of-control budget juggernaut that IS Black History month, are you actually suggesting we should get back to the three Rs by eliminating the Math Olympics”?
- Starting From Scratch: My Top 10 Desert Island iPhone Apps
January 28, 2011 – Yelp and Foursquare on a desert island? I might go for iHELP or RescueMe. Just sayin.
- “Cinderella Ate My Daughter”: The evil reign of pink princesses
January 27, 2011
- Blind Orangutan Gives Birth To Twins In Indonesia (PHOTOS)
January 27, 2011 – I am sincerely confused. What am I missing here? Is the news that the mother is blind, or that she had twins? Because blind mother orangoutangs can’t see where to drop their babies…or whut?
- Atlas chugged: The Black Star Co-op experience
January 27, 2011 – Black Star is great, and despite the Atlas Shrugged (huh?) references I do get, and the TV personality ones I don’t, this is a good review.
- Kim Clijsters Beats Vera Zvonareva, To Play Li Na In Australian Open Final
January 27, 2011 – Isn’t ANYONE concerned about the problem of hard to spell names in women’s tennis? C’mon, people!
- Ich Bin Ein Beer-liner!
January 27, 2011 – OK, I said at one point that Harry Potter land was prolly the only thing that might get me to go to a theme park. This too. And more so.
- Palin on Obama's 'Winning the Future': WTF Is a 'Spot On' Abbreviation
January 27, 2011 – See? This is what comes of propagating dumb abbreviations like WTF. YOU are all to blame! 🙂
- Republicans in Congress attack Cass Sunstein, Obama’s “regulatory czar,” but miss their target.
January 26, 2011
- Celery Bitters are the New Grapefruit Bitters
January 26, 2011
- State Rep. Stefani Carter Loses "TeaApproved" Status â€” Tea Party | The Texas Tribune
January 21, 2011 – You know that saying, liberals fall in love, conservatives fall in line? The Tea Party thingie has been around les than 2 years and already they’re approving and disapproving people. Hard core, man.
- Apple Reveals Top Free iPad Apps Of All Time (PICTURES)
January 21, 2011 – I do not want to hear the phrase “of all time” applied to a device that was released LAST SPRING.
- Jesse James gets engaged to Kat Von D
January 21, 2011 – My little ol’ hometown has a habit of adopting any famous person who comes to live here. Shawn Colvin, Patty Griffin, Matthew Mcconnahay(how do you spell that?) and of course, Sandra Bullock. The downside of this is that we adopt these people’s celebrity gossip–even the gossip of the people they are married to. It shows up in my local paper next to the story about the school board, and the death of a 98-year old local politico. Please, Sandra, sell your house and restaurant, and get out of town. I don’t even want to know who Jesse James is, much less who he’s marrying next.
- SPOTTED: Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan Waiting for Jury Duty – The Note
January 20, 2011